It has been a while since I have written here. Life has been busy, but good. Everyone has adjusted surprisingly well to having a new baby. Elise Nitali is 6 weeks old, and she fits into our family perfectly. The boys adore her. It is fun to watch how sweet and gentle they can be with her. I was so worried about their being jealous of her, but it really hasn't happened. There have been just a few times when Kiran wanted to be on my lap when I was holding Elise, but he really has done well.
I am trying to enjoy each day with my children, because I know how quickly this time passes. Someone said that a mother's days are long, but her years are short. That is so true. Kiran has recently come to the stage where he wants to do everything himself. Any attempt to help him with practically anything results in tears. It is very frustrating for both of us. I realized this morning that Sammy went through this stage, and he is not in it any more. That gives me hope and perspective. This is just a season, and at the end of it Kiran actually will be able to do many things for himself. So, even though these days feel very long, it probably won't be very long before I am remembering them fondly and even wishing to have them back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment