What a week! We have had family visiting for the past week. I love having everyone here, but it is a bit of work. We had several dinners here with 12 or more people. It was beginning to feel like I did nothing but cook and wash dishes.
On Monday I decided to do something I try to do once a week, even when I don't feel like I have time for it. I made it "Kids' Day." I learned this from one of my friends, and I think it is a great idea. I spent the day playing with the kids and not worrying about the housework (except while they were napping). We swam in the pool and played in the yard. I did end up doing a little garden work, because I started pulling a few weeds while the kids were chasing each other around the yard. They ran over and wanted to help. It became a big game, orchestrated by my nephew. It is amazing to me how children can take something that I look at as work and make it fun. They were having such a good time that I actually enjoyed it too. I wish that I could have the attitude of children more often.
Sammy's favorite pasttime is washing dishes, and both boys like to help me do laundry. On second thought, why do we need Kids' Day? I should let them do the work and have Mommy Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment