I don't think that I have fully grasped the idea that in a mere 9 days I will be the mother of three children. I know that my life is going to change, but I'm not really sure how it will look. I don't know how the boys will react to a new sibling. Some people say that the biggest adjustment happens when you have your first child. Some say it is with the second and some with the third. I know that for me having a second child was a much bigger adjustment than having the first. With the first, other than the fact that I stopped working, I still did pretty much everything I did before he was born. I just took him with me. Going out and doing things with two is a much bigger challenge. Just making it out the front door is a major accomplishment. Will the adjustment to three be easier because I have already figured out how to do it with two or will it just be hard? I don't know, but I will find out soon.
My other problem is that we tend to live in denial about the arrival of a new baby. How else do you explain the fact that after 9 months we still do not have a name for this baby. At this point in my pregnancies for the boys, they didn't have names either. Neither of them was named until after my due date. I have joked about waiting to see the baby before choosing a name. Maybe that will actually happen this time.
I went to the doctor today, and they had to give me one more scare about this baby. I measured smaller than I did last week. Obviously, that is not good when the goal is for the baby to grow. I was sent in for a ultrasound to see if the baby was in fact still growing or if my fluid level was too low. It turns out that the baby had dropped in preparation for birth, so with the head down so low, my belly measured smaller. I have to think that this can't be that uncommon. Sometimes I think that the doctors just like to tell you all of the scary possibilties so that you are happier with the final result.
Anyway, it looks like we will have a healthy baby in nine days. This one is still small, about 5 1/2 pounds today. I have always wanted to have a 6 pound baby. It looks like I may finally get my wish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
9 days? Are you kidding me? You just told me you were pregnant the other day! The time has flown by! On another note, I don't think it matters how many kids you have, it's how many you have in diapers and how much help the older ones can be. And Nicky didn't get a name until he was three days old. I finally had to kick everyone out of the room but Brandon and then I forced him to stay until the birth certificate was signed. Let me know if i can help out with the boys when the baby comes! Praying for you!
Post a Comment