We have been home from Hawaii for two weeks now. It was a great trip, and I did much better than expected with leaving my children for the first time. They stayed at our house with a friend, and they did great. They really didn't even seem to miss us.
The highlights of the trip were seeing the huge waves on the north side of Oahu, visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center, snorkling in a coral reef, seeing about 30 whales on a whale watch (including 3 sets of mother and calf) and driving through the rainforest in Maui and returning by helicopter. We had a very memorable trip. I was nervous about going so late in my pregnancy, but I am glad that we did it. And I have to say, Hawaii in February certainly beats New York in February.
Waves on the North Shore of Oahu
600 foot waterfall from helicopter
1 comment:
What a fantastic trip. I would love to go to Hawaii. There's an island off the coast of South China called Hainan that is called the Chinese Hawaii. That might be the closest I get.
Post a Comment